batted .256 in 12 seasons and earned the nickname "The | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
q123
q123 Nov 30 '19
SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium -- A furious Kimi Raikkonen has hit out at Max Verstappen, saying the 18-year-olds driving should have been penalised at the Belgian Grand Prix. Scarpe Basket Kyrie Irving In Vendita .Raikkonen and Verstappen collided at Turn 1 after the Ferrari driver was hit by teammate Sebastian Vettel from the outside, but it was Verstappens driving at Les Combes on lap 12 that really angered the Finn.Raikkonen was attempting to pass Verstappen on the outside and appeared to have the overtake complete when Verstappen braked late and dived back up the inside. The pair touched wheels, forcing Raikkonen off the track and across the run-off area before he rejoined the track after the next corner.Im completely fine with good, hard racing but if I had to back off and even brake on the run down to Turn 5 [Les Combes], still on the straight, when I had made my move... when I have to brake not to hit somebody, as he moved afterwards, something is not correct. That, in my view, is completely not correct, but obviously for whatever reasons the stewards think its OK. But if I had not braked we would have had a massive accident.The problem was that I was using the DRS, I was 15/20 kph faster than him and once I made my move, he waited and waited and then turned much later than me. And the speed difference is quite high, so I had to brake, slow down to avoid him. Its not exactly what should happen: when the other guy has to break from full speed - its not correct...Its not the first time Verstappen has come under fire from his fellow drivers. At the Hungarian Grand Prix, Raikkonen accused Verstappen of moving in the braking zone and Nico Rosberg had a similar complaint at the German Grand Prix, although it was Rosberg who was penalised in that instance. Raikkonen fears only an accident will persuade Verstappen to change his style.Im sure it will happen sooner or later if this doesnt change, but it seems to be OK [with the stewards]. It will be interesting to see when something will happen whos to blame... Like I said, Im fine with good racing and hard battles but in that situation it was not correct, in my view.Obviously there are always different opinions from everybody. It doesnt change an awful lot, maybe he needs an accident before things become clearer to everybody, but hopefully not, because it can be a bit bad for somebody. And obviously nobody wants to see anybody get hurt. Like I said, Im fine with racing and fighting hard, but something like that should not be correct, in my view. But there are always different opinions from different people, so lets see. Scarpe Air Max 97 Scontate . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Air Max 720 Scontate . -- Canadian Andrew Wiggins got the ball on the wing, made a nifty spin move and then let go with a soft floater from about 10 feet that swished through the net in Allen Fieldhouse. http://www.airmaxshoponlineitalia.it/scontate-max-95-outlet.html . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. OAKLAND, Calif. -- The only thing Bartolo Colon cares about is staying healthy and helping his team win. He simply has no idea how to answer the constant questions about how hes doing both. Colon tossed eight innings of one-run ball to win his eighth straight start, powering the Oakland Athletics past the St. Louis Cardinals 6-1 on Friday night to tie the best streak of his career. "I dont even know what I can say," Colon said. "Thank you, God." Colon (11-2) controlled the game with an efficient fastball the way he has so many others this season, burnishing his All-Star credentials and confounding critics who wonder how the 40-year-old continues to dominate. He allowed six hits, struck out five and walked one to match Max Scherzer of Detroit for the most wins in the AL this season. Stephen Vogt stole some of the spotlight from Colons latest gem when he homered to end an 0-for-32 stretch to start his career, and four players drove in runs during the second inning to chase Shelby Miller (8-6) and help Oakland win its third straight game. Colon hugged his catcher in the dugout when he came out after the eighth and whispered in Vogts ear: "Thank you, Poppy." Vogts line-drive homer against reliever Joe Kelly in the fourth ended the longest hitless streak to start a career by a non-pitcher since Chris Carter began 0 for 33 with the As in 2010. "I cant imagine anything better," Vogt said. The Cardinals (48-31) dropped a game behind Pittsburgh for the best record in the majors -- and the NL Central lead. Kelly, who last pitched on June 21, allowed just the one run and three hits in 5 1-3 innings of relief in one of the few bright spots for the Cardinals, who couldnt solve Colons deceptive fastballs. "He has a different kind of movement and throws harder than what the gun reads," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Dan Otero pitched a scoreless ninth to finish off the best first half of the season for Oakland (47-34) since 1992, when the club started 48-33. The As remain a half-game behind Texas for the AL West lead, and the reigning division champions owe much of it to the big, burly pitcher on the mound. The As are 13-3 in Colons starts. "Do the math," As manager Bob Melvin said. "Its halfway through the season and hes got 11 wins." Colon tied his career high with eight consecutive wins -- which he did in 2005, when he won a career-best 21 games for the Angels and captured the AL Cy Young Award -- and hasnt lost since May 9 at Cleveland. Hes the first As pitcher since Barry Ziito in 2005 to win eight in a row. Air Max 95 Outlet Italia. The right-hander also is the first pitcher to win his first seven starts since turning 40, according to information from the Elias Sports Bureau provided by the As. But with every win, Colon also brings more attention and more scrutiny -- fair or not -- about how he is finding so much success at this stage of his career. Colon is among more than a dozen players who have been connected to a now-closed Miami anti-aging clinic under investigation by Major League Baseball for performance-enhancing drugs. The right-hander also missed the end of last season when he was suspended 50 games for testing positive for synthetic testosterone. The As and Colon have brushed off any clouds that come the pitchers way with the motto Melvin has instilled with everything else about his team: focus on the days task and nothing else. Colon carried a perfect game into the fifth, when Matt Holliday walked with one out. Matt Adams added a short fly that dropped in front of a diving Coco Crisp in centre field for the first hit off Colon, and David Freese followed with an RBI single for the Cardinals lone run. With Colon in complete control again, the As sent 10 batters to the plate and forced Miller to throw 51 pitches in the second inning. It was the most thrown in an inning by one pitcher this season, topping the 50 tossed by Arizonas Ian Kennedy against the Cardinals on June 6. "I just struggled. I wasnt throwing strikes and when I did throw strikes, they were right down the middle," Miller said. Vogt, filling in for the injured John Jaso, added his first career hit in the fourth and teammates initially acted as if nothing happened when he jogged back in the dugout. Then, everybody charged him at once. Vogt got the ball back from a 5-year-old in the stands. The youngster was given another ball and team memorabilia in exchange. NOTES: Members of the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum presented Cardinals third base coach Jose Oquendo with his induction plaque in the dugout before the game. "Its a great honour and great privilege," said Oquendo, who batted .256 in 12 seasons and earned the nickname "The Secret Weapon" for playing every position during his career. ... As manager Bob Melvin said Jaso (injured left hand) might not start over the weekend but is available off the bench. ... San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was in the stands and wearing an As cap. ... The Cardinals send Adam Wainwright (10-5, 2.31) to the mound against Jarrod Parker (6-6, 4.27 ERA) on Saturday. ' ' ' 
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo