scheduled to meet in April, but Co | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jul 11
ST. Will Grier Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals have traded veteran left-hander Jaime Garcia to the Atlanta Braves in exchange for three prospects, including infielder Luke Dykstra, the son of former MLB veteran Lenny Dykstra.Pitchers John Gant and Chris Ellis were also sent to the Cardinals.The Cardinals picked up Garcias $12 million option last month in part because they thought he could be a valuable trade piece.They were also dealing from a surplus of arms --?Carlos Martinez, Alex Reyes, Adam Wainwright, Mike Leake and Lance Lynn?-- figured for their rotation in 2017.Garcia, 31, is coming off a down year in which he went 10-13 with a 4.67 ERA. But he has been one of the games most underrated starting pitchers when healthy, and he finished last season as healthy as he had finished any season in recent memory. He has had major shoulder, elbow and thoracic outlet surgeries in the past.The Braves have been aggressive in bulking up their starting rotation going into next season, when they will open their new stadium, having already acquired veterans Bartolo Colon and R.A. Dickey. Donte Jackson Panthers Jersey . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Curtis Samuel Jersey . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-ryan-kalil-blue-jersey/ . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. LOS ANGELES -- Jon Jones is unhappy with the Nevada Athletic Commissions decision to assign referee John McCarthy to his light heavyweight title bout against Daniel Cormier next month at UFC 200.I would prefer any other referee but him, Jones said Tuesday.Jones and Cormier will meet in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, continuing their lengthy rivalry. Jones is hoping to reclaim the 205-pound belt that was stripped from him last year after his involvement in a hit-and-run accident.Jones manager contacted the Nevada commission last week to register their camps displeasure with the assignment of McCarthy, a veteran official who has presided over countless big fights. The Nevada commission determined Jones complaint wasnt substantive enough to change the assignment.Jones (22-1) declined to be precise about the reasons for his objection to McCarthy, but left little doubt he is still bothered by the athletic commissions choice for the third man in the cage.Its been a mixture of many things throughout the years, Jones said. Just the energy. I dont feel like we have the best energy, and its been an accumulation of some things that was happening during some fights and just our personal interactions.McCarthy refereed Jones title defenses against Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort and Alexander Gustafsson. Jones repeatedly has said his narrow victory over Gustafsson was the toughest fight of his career, not his victory over Cormier (17-1) in Januaryy 2015. Christian McCaffrey Panthers Jersey. .Jones realizes his objection to McCarthy likely will have no impact, but he remains disappointed.For me, this is my life, Jones said. This is my story. This is my legacy. This is everything to me, and if I dont agree with his energy that he brings to the fight, if I was him, I wouldnt want to be a part of it. Im not going to go so far as to say, `Youre not welcome, but why would you even want to be a part of someones big night that doesnt want you in there with them? I would respect that and say, `Ill back out of this one. I dont need to be in this fight if they dont want me.I dont feel as if weve had the best interactions over the years, and I would just really hope hes not the referee.Jones made eight title defenses in a 3 1/2-year span while becoming the fighter widely considered to be the worlds best mixed martial artist. But he was stripped of his belt last year after the latest in a string of behavioral problems.Cormier lost a clear decision to Jones in their first meeting, but claimed the vacant belt four months later by beating Anthony Johnson. Cormier defended the belt with a win over Gustafsson in October.Jones and Cormier were scheduled to meet in April, but Cormier pulled out with a foot injury. Jones beat late replacement Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, winning his first fight in 15 months. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '  
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo