There is no doubt that Barc | Forum

advertisement
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
DMT
DMT Oct 6 '18

JAKARTA, Jan. 30 (Xinhua) -- Indonesia's largest lake, Toba, in North Sumatra province is scheduled to host an international kayaking event, the 2017 International Toba Kayak Marathon from July 28 to 30 this year. Around 200 international and domestic kayakers are expected to take part.

The event, themed "Kayaking on the Top of a Super Volcano," will be the first international kayaking activity held in the equatorial country of Indonesia, and is planned to be held annually.

"Kayaking can become an international water tourism icon at Lake Toba. With its serenity and beautiful natural panorama, Lake Toba is fit to host kayaking events in the future," organizer of the event Charles Simson Panjitan, who heads the Sumatra paddler community, said in a statement released on Monday.

He added that by organizing regular kayaking activities in Lake Toba each year, it can benefit the local tourism industry in the future.

Darwin Siagian, an official at Lake Toba, pledged his administration's full support in order to kayaking an annual sports event in the area.

"This is interesting, given the fact that there is no other place in Indonesia that has such an event," he said in a statement.

A Darwin official overseeing tourism and cultural affairs in the regency, Ultri Simangunsong, said that the upcoming kayaking event has been added to the North Sumatra provincial 2017 calendar of events.

The planned event has also been endorsed by Indonesia's Tourism Minister Arief Yahya.

The Jurassic Lake Toba was created from a volcanic explosion that occurred around 75,000 years ago in Sumatra. The explosion left behind a lake with an island at its center. The lake, with a length and width of 100 by 30 kilometers is the largest one both in Indonesia and in Southeast Asia.

Lake Toba is part of Indonesia's 10 new tourism destinations developed by government in a bid to attract more foreign visitors to the archipelago nation.

Indonesia has declared its tourism sector as the nation's core business, expected to bring in 24 billion U.S. Dollars by 2019 from some 20 million foreign visitors to be targeted by that time.

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 19 (Xinhua) -- Cheick Sallah Cisse handed Cote d'Ivoire's first ever Olympic gold medal with a dramatic head kick in the last second of the men's -80kg taekwondo final on Friday at the Rio Games.

Muhammad dominated the first round with a 3-0 by a head kick before Cisse fought back to tie the game at 4-4 in the second round. Muhammad launched aggressive attacks in the beginning of the last round and bulit a 6-4 lead with 20 seconds left.

However, the British didn't expect what came to him next as Cisse earned one point back by warning penalty and delivered kick with one second left to seal a 8-6 unbelievable victory.

"The gold medal for me is the encouragement of two years of hard work. I am very proud of my medal. It's not me, it's God. I don't have the power to bring all these people here. It's the power of God that did this for me," said Cisse, who began competing in major competitions in 2014.

Muhammad, who finished in third place at London Olympics, failed to become the first British male athlete with multiple taekwondo medals.

"I don't want to cry but I am so sorry to the people that stayed up to watch. I let them down at the last second. This is so hard," he said.

Oussama Oueslati of Tunisia and Turkey's Milad Beigi Harchgani won the bronze medals.

In women'-67kg competition, South Korea's Oh Hyeri upset top seed Haby Niare from France to win the gold medal.

It is South Korea's second gold medal of these Games in taekwondo and the fourth Olympic title for them in this event.

Oh Hyeri, the 2015 World Champion in middleweight (67-73kg), had a 3-point deducted in the first round, but she landed three head kicks in a row to turn the game with a 10-4 lead in the second round. The world No.1 Niare came back and cut the deficit to 10-11 but Oh held her lead to take the crown by 13-12.

"I've always tried my best, not just at the Olympics but other international competitions as well. In some of those competitions I've come in second, I've felt like I've let people down. Just like any other day I've done my best today and the result is very satisfying. Just getting to this place, everything was perfect," said the 28-year-old Oh.

The bronze medals went to Oussama Oueslat of Tunisia and Milad Beigi Harchgani of Azerbaijan.

MADRID http://www.botasrebajas.es/botas-mujer-ugg-bailey-bow-sheepskin-altas-1007308-chestnut-rebajas.html , Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Although sport is possibly the lastthing on many people's minds following the terrorist attacks inBarcelona and Cambrils Botas Mujer UGG Bailey Bow Sheepskin Cortas 3280 Negras Rebajas , this weekend sees the opening round ofmatches in the Spanish Liga Santander football league. There willbe a minute's silence before the games Botas Mujer UGG Classic Cardy Sweater Tall 5819 Negras Rebajas , but once the ball startsrolling gets under way these are four things to look out for.

1.Will Real Madrid sweep past Deportivo la Coruna?

Real Madrid start the season with their moral sky high afterdominating Barcelona in the Spanish Supercup over two games inwhich they showed almost complete dominance over their rivals.

Cristiano Ronaldo serves the second of a four-game ban in LaCoruna Botas Hombre UGG Classic Sheepskin Mini 5854 Chestnut Comprar , but Wednesday night showed how Madrid's depth of squadallows them to make changes and hardly see the effects Botas Mujer UGG Classic Sheepskin Mini 5854 Grises Comprar , indeed somemay argue that youngster Marcos Asensio is currently his side'smost effective attacker.

Last season saw Real Madrid win 6-2 in Deportivo's RiazorStadium as they made their way to the title Botas Mujer UGG Classic Sheepskin Mini 5854 Negras Comprar , this Sunday should seeZinedine Zidane bring players such as Casemiro and Gareth Bale backinto his side and anything other than an easy win to start theirtitle defense would be a surprise.

2. Can Barcelona shake off depression to beat a revampedBetis

There is no doubt that Barcelona's home game against Betis willbe an emotionally charged affair following. Replica NHL Jerseys Wholesale   Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping   Wholesale NFL Jerseys China   Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale College Basketball Jerseys   Wholesale NBA Jerseys From China   Wholesale Authentic NBA Jerseys   Wholesale Baseball Jerseys   Cheap NBA Basketball Jerseys 

advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo